1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients, except for flax meal, and mix well.
2. In a separate smaller bowl, combine flax meal and water, mixing well with a fork or whisk.
3. Add flax meal/water combination, oil, and pumpkin to the other ingredients and mix well. The batter will be incredibly thick.
4. Whisk in the milk about ½ cup at a time, until the batter is the desired consistency. If you prefer thinner pancakes and looser batter, use more milk. For fluffier pancakes and thicker batter, this amount of milk will suffice.
5. Let the batter "rest" for 15 minutes while you heat your pan on medium-low heat (4). Once the pan is ready, pour desired amount (¼ - ⅓ cup each pancake is a good size) and cook until the bubbles that form on top begin to pop and remain open, about 45-60 seconds.
6. Carefully flip each pancake and cook an additional 30-60 seconds.
7. Let cool on a cooling rack (or eat them scalding hot, like I do).
8. Devour :P